Do i need HOME ELEVATORS?
Updated: May 31
Times have changed and home lifts are no longer simply for the elderly or rich and famous. The cost of materials have decreased significantly, and with innovations in the industry, residential elevators are becoming more and more of a practical addition to one’s home. Lifestyles have also changed and many homeowners have adopted to get a home elevator for a number of reasons.
1. Increased Convenience Few people realize that a home elevator takes up much less space than standard stairwells. This can open up the house, providing owners with more space. Homeowners that choose to invest in a residential elevator can easily increase the usable square footage of their home, which ultimately helps to increase future resale value. You could also use such an elevator to carry groceries, luggage, and even your children without worrying about a tiring trek up the stairs.
2. Increases value of your property Having a home elevator installed can add significant value to your home, making it a profitable investment. Many prospective homebuyers today are pulled toward homes featuring elevator access. This is because many buyers are looking to the future where accessibility may become a big deal for them, should their mobility diminish. Even if you’re not currently benefitting from every aspect of the elevator, it can significantly increase your home’s resale value.
Homebuyers are looking for ways to age in place, which means making upgrades and home improvements that help them maintain a level of comfort and mobility throughout the years.
3. More Functionality Elevators for home use, in general, can make trips of climbing stairs or moving heavy, bulky items much easier. This functionality is especially noticeable in residential settings where groceries, decorating, and everyday chores are a daily occurrence. Improving your mobility is one of the leading benefits of utilizing home elevators. Of course, those who require greater physical effort to move about their multi-level home will benefit from an elevator the most, simply eliminating much of the average legwork of traversing your home or conveying objects is a benefit any homeowner can enjoy.
4. Enhances security and safety Alarm buttonHaving an elevator is beneficial for less mobile individuals and small children, to help eliminate accidents that might occur by going up and down the stairs. Some homes may even be able to limit access to an elevator that is also secure against unauthorized use.
For those looking to step up their home security, a residential elevator could contribute to a more secure residence if utilized as part of a larger security package.
5. For the fashionistas’ Installing an elevator will undoubtedly add an air of sophistication and style to your home. The sheer variety of designs means that there is a look to suit the taste of every homeowner and home décor. There are modern pneumatic tubes, and sleek cubes with stainless steel frames and polished glass walls, even more classical looks with wood veneer and brushed nickel accents.
These elevators have long since been viewed as a symbol of luxury, and that holds true today; but with the reduced cost of parts and installation, more people have gained access to home elevators.
6. Ease of use Just about everyone has had to use an elevator at least once in their life, and residential elevators are no different from commercial models found in business and office buildings. At the push of a button, you could be moving between floors of your house.ease of use
Think about what that would mean for people who have to carry laundry, groceries, or boxes up or down flights of stairs to complete a single task. This is a lot of saved time and energy, simplifying their lives exponentially.
7. Space-saving design As the technology advances and engineers learn more about how to reduce the amount of space required by the elevator and its motor, residential elevators can be designed to take up less space than a stairwell. They can be installed on the exterior of a house to be flush with the wall, or built in such a way as to effectively open up space that was previously unavailable or unused.
The nature and design of residential elevators differ from one to the other. The same goes for the method of powering the lift, whether it be pneumatic, cable, or hydraulic. This gives homeowners the freedom to narrow down their options to the one that best suits their needs. One of the most appreciated benefits of owning a residential elevator is the level of customization many companies afford their clients, from flooring and lighting, to size, dimension, and materials used.
By now, you’ll see that residential elevators are for anyone looking to give their home design an upgrade, as well as increase their home resale value and make their home more secure.
ORONA manufactures world class elevators manufactured in Spain and tailored for the customer’s environment. For enquiry contact us at 9711128011 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org